Saturday, May 1, 2010

Together in both Clean & Filthy circumstances

Here comes my first day to hostel. I was half nervous and half delirious. I was with my cousin brother, which made me feel as if i am covered by some protective shield ( had heard alot about ragging at college. So needed plenty of protection). Both of us moved inside the APC Hostel. I was the first entrant to the hostel. Hence, as soon as i entered 101(the room i was allotted). I was shocked looking-up its scenario. Walls were drastically painted, having patches of cements everywhere, Ceiling full of spidermen(spider-webs), Door was leaning by few rusty screws, as if a hard push could demolish its existence in seconds, Windows were providing good amount of cooling effect just because almost all its glasses were broken or cracked, Bed produced a churning sound when i sat on it, Fan's speed could be faster if someone had rotated its blades using hands, Floor was full of dust. After watching all those stuffs i went to the toilet for loo. It was so stinky that all that was about to come out downwards came through my mouth in a puking manner.
             I am the only son of my sweet and caring parents. I was brought up in a very decent way, having all the required facilities, nothing less nothing more. Everything was optimum for a healthy and wealthy child. The maid used to come daily and washed all the dirt. Floor was marbled ,Vacuum cleaner created a vacuum of webs on the ceiling and central A/C was so soothing during summers. HALT - Why am i ejecting all these useless stuffs???
Because this was the reason why i found APC Hostel really inhuman. But later on i got habituated with it, nevertheless i always kept my belongings neat and clean. Cleanliness is an inbuilt characteristic of Tulz.

         The hostel sounded so grimed and was 'father on dirt'. Still i started liking it alot just within a month's stay over there. I liked to be with others, making very few and new friends, fighting with others for going into neatest lavatory, Bitching about seniors and feeling glad doing that, Going to the mess to the earliest and having the first meal. But during this very meal thing i got a competitor Anil. Anil was the only one who was able to reach before i do. Like me, he too followed "Early to Bed and Early to Rise" kind of boy.
He was a little bit my-type of guy staying in 103 with Shankar and HBO. 102 is where my best buddy sanny resides, but we rarely had exchange of words during the first 2-3 months. Oh-Shit, While illustrating these messy incidents i forgot to introduce my room-mates : Raju, Krish and Dhaneshwar. I met Raju on the very first day to my hostel. He sounded very quite and a lethargic kind of boy. Krish was really dreadful, and the credit goes to his don-type moustache. Dhaneshwar was the higher secondary topper of Bihar, a man full of knowledge and thesis. This was like a complete mismatch. Four people having their thoughts and nature in four different directions. Still unlike other room-members we managed to live peacefully and later became good friends...

3 comments:

  1. Its amazing,he still have the memories of those wonderful days.Whatever be our financial status,or caste,or religion,or nature,we all were under the same roof of one and only A.P.C.ROY HALL................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is interesting and lovely blogs which touches my heart. u still have the memories of those wonderfuls days.
    its really great things............
    lage raho dost or kuch likho jo dil ko chu le

    ReplyDelete
  3. hostel life does make u adjust to anything ur later life can dish out..
    a novel experience which is certainly not to be missed..
    i will miss hostel wen i go back home..

    ReplyDelete